Saturday 19 August 2017

Release promo for The Church of the Holy Child by Patricia Hale








Book Title: The Church of the Holy Child by Patricia Hale

Release date: 15th August 2017

Genre: Mystery/Suspense

Word Count: 65,000






Women are turning up dead at the local women’s shelter, an ex-cop turned PI and his partner stumble through a maze of dead ends while a distraught priest hears the killer’s confession and wrestles with his loyalty to the church.



Inside the wooden confessional there’s a man who talks to God. At least that’s what my mother told me the last time we were here. But a month has passed since she disappeared so today I’ve come to the church alone. I no longer believe that she’s coming back for me like she said. Instead, I’ve become her stand-in for the beatings my father dishes out. That’s what he calls it, dishing out a beating, like he’s slapping a mound of mashed potato on my plate. He swaggers through the door ready for a cold one after coming off his seven to three shift, tosses his gun and shield on our kitchen table and reaches into the refrigerator for a Budweiser. I cringe in the corner and make myself small, waiting to hear what kind of day he’s had and whether or not I’ll be his relief. More often than not, his eyes search me out.  “’C’mere asshole,” he says, popping the aluminum top, “I’m gonna dish out a beating.” If anyone can help me, it has to be this guy who talks to God. I open the door of the confessional with my good arm and step inside.                                             

Twenty-Three Years Later
One

His breath was warm on my neck, his lips hot and dry. His tongue searched the delicate skin below my ear. Heart quickening, back arching, I rose to meet him.
            The phone on the nightstand vibrated.
            “Shit,” Griff whispered, peeling away from me, our clammy skin reluctant to let go.     He swung his feet over the edge of the bed and flashed me his bad-boy, half-smile. “Cole,” he said into the phone.
             At times like this, cell phones rate right alongside other necessary evils like cod liver oil and flu shots. I leaned against his back and caressed his stomach, damp dunes of sculpted muscle. Not bad for a guy north of forty. Griff still measured himself against the hotshots in the field. But in my book he had nothing to worry about; I’d take the stable, wise, worn-in model over a wet behind the ear, swagger every time.
            He pried my fingers from his skin and walked toward the bathroom still grunting into the phone.
            I slipped into my bathrobe and headed for the kitchen. I have my morning priorities and since the first one was interrupted by Griff’s phone, coffee comes in a close second.
Twenty minutes later he joined me dressed in his usual attire, jeans, boots, tee shirt and sport jacket. Coming up behind me, he nuzzled my neck as I poured Breakfast Blend into a travel mug. Coffee splashed onto the counter top.
            “Gotta run,” he said taking the cup from my hand.
            “What’s up?”
            “Not sure yet. That was John. He said he could use a hand.
            “Sobering up?
            Griff flinched like I’d landed one to his gut.
            “Sorry,” I said. “Cheap shot.”
            “Woman found dead early this morning.”



Patricia Hale received her MFA degree from Goddard College. Her essays have appeared in literary magazines and the anthology, My Heart’s First Steps. Her debut novel, In the Shadow of Revenge, was published in 2013. The Church of the Holy Child is the first book in her PI series featuring the team of Griff Cole and Britt Callahan. Patricia is a member of Sister’s in Crime, Mystery Writer’s of America, NH Writer’s Project and Maine Writer’s and Publisher’s Alliance. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband and two dogs.







Find out more:



Website: www.patriciahale.org

Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/Church-Holy-Child-Patricia-Hale/dp/1940758599

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7113831

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/Patricia.hale.102

Twitter: @pmhale_










3 comments:

  1. I read this book and loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post of my new release, Tracy. It's a pleasure to be on your site. The promo looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment

Vampire Academy: Blood Promise (book 4) by Richelle Mead

 This is the fourth book in the series Paperback: 528 pages Publisher: Penguin (4 Feb. 2010) Language: English ISBN-10: 0141331...